Owner of Smith Fuel Services Ltd.
About Smith Fuel Services Ltd
Smith Fuel Services Ltd has operated as a locally owned business in the Fort St. John area for more than 4 decades. Currently owned and operated by David Smith, the business was established in 1976 by his father, Mike Smith, a longtime resident of Fort St. John.
"Dad started the business in '76 with one truck," said David. When Fort St. John went through tough times in the early 1980s, Mike continued to seek out new customers and markets, temporarily downsizing until markets improved.
David was involved in the business from the very beginning, becoming actively involved around 1979 when he began driving trucks and performing mechanical duties during the winter months. In 1985, David began working full-time for the business, starting at the bottom and working his way up to the office. Ten years later, in 1995, he purchased the business from Mike. Smith Fuel Services Ltd is running more efficiently than ever today.
"Our service and longevity are the reasons clients keep coming back," said David. "We've been here longer than any other bulk plant or agent in the area, and people like stability.”
Our mission at Smith Fuel Services Ltd is to represent Husky Energy as a good corporate citizen, ensuring a commitment to good customer relationships, environmental protection and a proud image in our community.
What We Do
We primarily supply bulk fuel to the oil patch, farmers and loggers. We also supply products from Premium Lubricant and VP Racing Fuels. You can reach out to us for tank sales and rentals as well. Here’s what we’re doing lately:
- Double-wall enviro tanks have become a major focus due to environmental concerns.
- A well-established rural cardlock network, servicing the workforce and cardlock cardholders in the North Peace/Fort St. John area.
- Access across the nation through the ESSO Key to the Highway network as well as access to the Smith Fuel Services Remote Cardlock Network in the North Peace.
- While the winter drilling season is the busiest time of the year, our diverse equipment has enabled the operation to remain busy all year round. We maintain a fleet of 4 Super Bs, 10 tandem and tridem axle trucks and trailers, 4 pick-ups, 1 picker, 1 lowboy and a dump trailer, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Smith Fuel Services Ltd has been a strong supporter of community sports and non-profit organizations for many years, including:
- Minor Hockey in the North Peace of BC
- The Child Development Centre
- Old-Timers' Hockey
- Crime Stoppers
- North Peace 4-H Clubs
- North Peace Fall Fair
- Oilmen’s Golf
- Hockey and Curling
- Project Heavy Duty for Grade 12 Students in School District 60
- Cops for Cancer
- And more
“Wonderful people. Awesome customer service. Wouldn’t go anywhere else for my fuel and/or Lubricant needs.
- Terry R.